Welcome to the StoryboardArt.org Forums!
We take great pride in our community. Our focus on forum rules and guidelines is one of transparency and mutual respect, and rules are enforced in an effort to create a supportive, friendly environment where members can learn and improve together.
We aim to take a transparent and common sense approach with forum rules, comment rules and moderating. Before participating on the forums, please familiarize yourself with the below rules and guidelines. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact a support member.
- Post threads in the correct forum. ‘General Discussion’ is only to be used when a more specific forum is not appropriate.
- Get to know your fellow members and peers! Help out new members with any questions, be active, and share your feedback. Participating and affecting the community in a positive way is strongly encouraged.
- Please offer respect to your fellowStoryboardArtmembers, staff, and moderators and refrain from personal attacks or calling out another member. If threads become personal or heated towards a member, author/instructor, or staff member the thread will be locked/removed and further actions may be taken.
- Send any membership issues or problems you have to Support. Support checks the forums when they can, but the only way to guarantee they’ll see and resolve your issue is to contact them directly.
- Spam. These threads will be disabled and members warned and/or banned.
- Duplicated threads will be locked to keep the forums clear. Please do a search before posting a new thread and check out the recent threads from the past few days. There is a good chance the topic has already been started.
- Overt self promotion is not allowed on the forums. For examples and clarification, see the below section titled ‘A Note on Self Promotion’. In addition, promoting outside services or competitors is not allowed on the forums.
- Post any threads discussing or linking to piracy and/or warez sites. These will be immediately locked or disabled. Report any copyright, piracy, or warez violations to StoryboardArt Support.
- Go extremely off topic in a thread. We understand the forums are a fun place and a little off topic chat never hurt anyone, but the mods may step in to steer the direction if needed.
- Discuss or link to offensive topics, such as pornography, violent themes, sexism, racism or other discriminatory subjects, even as a “joke”. Members who do so will be subject to a warning and further action if needed. Threads of a political or religious nature are not appropriate for the StoryboardArt forums.
- Post or solicit any kind of racism, flaming, trolling, harassment, discrimination of any kind, or behavior deemed by the StoryboardArt staff to be intentionally abusive or inappropriate will result in an immediate warning. Further violations can escalate to banning.
- Create thread titles in all capital letters.
We Are Anti-censorship, Pro Constructive Feedback
We value the feedback and input we get from the community. Seriously. As long as posts abide by forum rules and guidelines, we’ll step back, take note and respond to input or feedback given. If you have any issues or something you’d like to discuss privately please do not hesitate to contact StoryboardArt Support. Our Community Mods are here to help and to steer the conversation and give any input needed. If you have questions about the forums let them know!
Our Warning and Forum Ban Policy
We will temporarily or permanently ban members from the forums for repeated rule breaches, including our policies on trolling or any other form of consistent disruptive behavior. Forum bans will usually be temporary and will only be used when other alternatives have already been looked at and have not been successful. To avoid disruption to your forum privileges, please observe the rules in this document at all times and always follow staff and moderators direction.
Moderators will report serious rule infractions and a warning or forum ban may result. If your account has been banned (temporarily or permanently), you will still be able to browse the forums, but not be able to comment or post new threads. You will still be able to comment on items and access to other site services will be maintained. Support will contact you at your registered email address in the event that your account has restrictions placed on it with further information.
Community Moderators are trusted members of the forum who have volunteered and been picked to help lead the forums. The mods’ role on the forums is to provide users with any assistance they may need and to ensure forum rules are followed. Mods are here to help you and treat you with respect, and we do ask that you also remain respectful towards them.
A Note on Self Promotion
Because of the educational focus of StoryboardArt, commercial solicitation is not acceptable on the forums. This includes posting links purely for the purpose of self-promotion, or for the promotion of your business ventures and websites. We may take action to remove any material we deem to be overtly self-interested / self-promotional and to discipline repeat offenders.
Lastly, we encourage you to above all have fun, get to know your fellow StoryboardArt members, instructors, and staff, and enjoy all that the forums have to offer. It’s a friendly place with plenty of talented people and we’d love to see you participate!